1. My computer is dying. Fast. I bought it old and used for $400 last year from my friend Pedro, who is a computer whiz. It's a 2008 Mac, and he guaranteed me a year out of it, and free fix-ups if it were ever to kirk out on me. He's fixed it up for me once, and I've had it for a year. I feel like I've gotten my money's worth. And now, on it's last leg, he very helpfully has helped me pick out a new (refurbished) one. Until I actually buy it, I can only see about 2/3 of my screen. Keep that in mind if this post is riddled with typos.
2. On Friday, a huge storm wreaked havoc on apparently everyone in the Mid-Atlantic region except for me. Over a million people were without power (many still are), huge trees down, streets closed, all kinds of calamity. On Saturday, a day when almost everyone was without power, I left my air-conditioned apartment to lie poolside. Unfortunately, I couldn't actually go in the pool, because it was filled with leaves and branches and crap. I forced myself to stay out an hour longer than I wanted to and risk heat stroke so I could even out my tan. By the time I finally went inside, I felt dizzy and mildly nauseous. First world problems.
3. I ate 2 pints of blueberries in one sitting last week. All the antioxidants probably cancelled out the cancer I got from laying in the sun without sunscreen for two hours. Delicious and helpful.
4. I'm working on a show that opens in a couple weeks. It's called Gorgeous Raptors and it's part of the Capital Fringe Festival (big DC theatre fest). If you live in the area, you should come see it. If you don't live in the area, you should take a trip to your nation's capital and come see it. It's a funny (and sometimes upsetting) coming-of-age story about social outcasts. I play a hot girl, a middle-aged hippie, and a sheep, and I pretty much just make out with people whenever I'm onstage. You don't want to miss it.
5. I saw someone sleeping in a shopping cart last night.
6. I haven't been doing very much yoga lately. Not really sure why. I noticed in the past week that I've been getting a little more stressed about mundane things than I did when I was practicing on a regular basis and that my shoulders have been gradually creeping back up towards my ears. My body is getting a little bit tighter, and I'm holding my breath more often. I've been trying to get myself back into yoga for the past few months, but my motivation was more focused on my arms, which were losing their previous svelteness. Now, I'm feeling a stronger pull back to my practice, and I think it's because this time I'm missing yoga, not just exercise.
7. This is the best song I've heard in a year. It gets me like nothing has in a long time.
Adieu, buttercups! Happy (almost) 4th of July!