Tuesday, July 3, 2012

When I Hear Songs They Sound Like This One

I should come up with a cute name for my lists. I really like them a lot more than normal, paragraph-style writing.

1. My computer is dying. Fast. I bought it old and used for $400 last year from my friend Pedro, who is  a computer whiz. It's a 2008 Mac, and he guaranteed me a year out of it, and free fix-ups if it were ever to kirk out on me. He's fixed it up for me once, and I've had it for a year. I feel like I've gotten my money's worth. And now, on it's last leg, he very helpfully has helped me pick out a new (refurbished) one. Until I actually buy it, I can only see about 2/3 of my screen. Keep that in mind if this post is riddled with typos.

2. On Friday, a huge storm wreaked havoc on apparently everyone in the Mid-Atlantic region except for me. Over a million people were without power (many still are), huge trees down, streets closed, all kinds of calamity. On Saturday, a day when almost everyone was without power, I left my air-conditioned apartment to lie poolside. Unfortunately, I couldn't actually go in the pool, because it was filled with leaves and branches and crap. I forced myself to stay out an hour longer than I wanted to and risk heat stroke so I could even out my tan. By the time I finally went inside, I felt dizzy and mildly nauseous. First world problems.

3. I ate 2 pints of blueberries in one sitting last week. All the antioxidants probably cancelled out the cancer I got from laying in the sun without sunscreen for two hours. Delicious and helpful.

4. I'm working on a show that opens in a couple weeks. It's called Gorgeous Raptors and it's part of the Capital Fringe Festival (big DC theatre fest). If you live in the area, you should come see it. If you don't live in the area, you should take a trip to your nation's capital and come see it. It's a funny (and sometimes upsetting) coming-of-age story about social outcasts. I play a hot girl, a middle-aged hippie, and a sheep, and I pretty much just make out with people whenever I'm onstage. You don't want to miss it.

5. I saw someone sleeping in a shopping cart last night.

6. I haven't been doing very much yoga lately. Not really sure why. I noticed in the past week that I've been getting a little more stressed about mundane things than I did when I was practicing on a regular basis and that my shoulders have been gradually creeping back up towards my ears. My body is getting a little bit tighter, and I'm holding my breath more often. I've been trying to get myself back into yoga for the past few months, but my motivation was more focused on my arms, which were losing their previous svelteness. Now, I'm feeling a stronger pull back to my practice, and I think it's because this time I'm missing yoga, not just exercise.

7. This is the best song I've heard in a year. It gets me like nothing has in a long time.


Adieu, buttercups! Happy (almost) 4th of July!



2 comments:

  1. Here is a list in a comment:
    1. If you haven't already gotten rid of your old Apple product check out this website: http://www.greenestgenius.com/ Consider giving them your old apple products to dispose of greenly and helping kids in the process! My friend Mike Ross, who was on the Real World: Vegas started it!
    2. I can't wait to see your show! Rob and I are looking to come on the 15th maybe? I'll also wait to hear from your directors!
    3. I miss doing yoga. Or any kind of meditation. I need it bad haha Maybe one Saturday we can go do yoga in the park up in Baltimore?!
    4. That song was legit.

    That is all. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, nice! I'll send my mac their way. I'm all about green disposal :) And we should definitely do yoga in Baltimore. Also, I'm pumped to see your show too! And drink at the Fringe bar with you :)

      Delete